Intercultural Health Hub
Manor Street Centre
Waterford & South Tipperary Community Youth Service Edmund Rice Youth & Community Multiplex First Floor, Manor Street Waterford, X91 TY8N
Overall aim of the Intercultural Health Hub is to improve the health outcomes of Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Roma.
The Intercultural Health Hub is funded by HSE Social Inclusion Southeast Community Healthcare who work towards achieving equality of health outcomes for minority and vulnerable communities in the Southeast.
The role of the Intercultural Health Workers is to support access to health information and health services and supports for Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Roma Communities. The workers assist in the delivery of key health messages, facilitate the development of health initiatives/programmes in response to health needs and provide health advocacy supports when required.
What we do:
- Support with applying/renewal for medical cards
- Support with making and attending medical appointments
- The provision of health information on a range of topics including mental health, immunisation, asthma, diet, exercise and over the counter medications etc.
- The provision of information on access routes and referral pathways to health services and supports
- Delivery of health literacy programmes
- Provision of general health advocacy and referral support service
- Promotion of availability of translation and interpretation services for health service users