Cityside Community Based Drugs Initiative (Inner City & Ferrybank)
Manor Street Centre
Edmund Rice Youth and Community Multiplex Manor Street Waterford X91 TY8N
Cityside CBDI provides a local accessible community drugs service to the areas of Ferrybank, inner-city and the North West suburbs Waterford. We provide support to people struggling with substance misuse issues, family members of people living with substance misuse issues and members of the community affected by substance misuse.
We provide a listening ear, motivational techniques, psycho-social education, holistic therapies and referrals to relevant services. The project has one staff member and a team of local community volunteers and is a community-based service working from a Community Development model.
Our services are:
- One to one support
- Group support – SMART Recovery (Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 pm)
- Family support group (Wednesdays 11:30-1:00 pm)
- Information and helpful advice on substance misuse
- Education and awareness programmes and workshops
- Auricular Acupuncture/complimentary therapies to help with stress (Mondays 6:00-7:00 pm)
- Referral to other agencies where needed
Access To Services:
If you are interested in our service for yourself, or someone you are concerned about just call the number above.
Participation is voluntary and free.
Parental or guardian consent may be required for those under 18 years old.
This is a free non-judgmental confidential service