Waterford and South Tipperary Community Youth Service is an independent and not for profit youth service organisation, legally structured as a Company Limited by Guarantee (C.L.G.), not having share capital. The company is registered as a charity.
The Company Registered Number is: 231354.
The company’s charity number is: CHY 11540.
The constitution of our organisation comprises of a Memorandum and Articles of Association. The Articles of Association are essentially the rules setting out how the company is governed.
The Board of Waterford & South Tipperary Community Youth Service is made up of a minimum of seven, and a maximum of nineteen members. Currently there are twelve members of the Board. The Board is responsible for overseeing the effective, transparent and accountable running of the company.
Current Board Members:
- Karen Doyle (Chairperson)
- Rhiannon Kavanagh (Company Secretary)
- Sean O’ Callaghan (Company Treasurer)
- Seamus Mc Grath
- Pat Walsh
- Dylan Roche
- Joanne Walsh
- Andrea Bourke
- Clive Smith
- Mick Nevin
- Katrina Magoran
- Dr. Sheila O’ Donohoe
The Board has established four Board Committees that provide focus and direction in progressing the work of the Board. These Committees meet, monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly and report to the Board. All of these committees have been set Terms of Reference by the Board and operate within them. Each Committee is listed below along with the list of its members.
1. Finance, Audit & Special Purposes Committee
Sean O’ Callaghan (Chairperson)
Dr. Sheila O’ Donohoe
Christina Fogarty C.E.O. (Ex-officio)
Shirley Griffin, Finance Officer (Ex-officio)
2. Governance Committee
Rhiannon Kavanagh (Chairperson)
Christina Fogarty, C.E.O. (Ex-officio)
3. H.R. Committee
Seamus Mc Grath (Chairperson)
Christina Fogarty, C.E.O. (Ex-officio)
4. Quality & Safety Committee
Patricia Mc Bride
Lyndsey Mc Carthy
Governance Code for Charities
W.S.T.C.Y.S. is currently engaging with the new Governance Code for Charities recently introduced by the Charities Regulator and will hopefully reach compliance with this by the end of 2019.
The Governance Code for Community, Voluntary & Charity Organisations in Ireland is a resource to assist community, voluntary and charity organisations to develop their overall capacity in terms of how they run their organisation. It a voluntary code provided free to all boards/committees/ executives of not-for-profit groups to encourage them to check themselves against best practice in the management of their affairs. Over a 24 month period, the Board of Waterford & South Tipperary Community Youth Service engaged in a process to achieve compliance with the voluntary code. This was achieved in October 2017 and the organisation’s Public Statement of Compliance with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charity Organisations in Ireland can be viewed below.
- WSTCYS Public Statement of Compliance with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charity Organisations in Ireland
Child Safeguarding Statement
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our services.
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers by a child while availing of our service.
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children.
- Procedure for provision of child safeguarding training and information for staff and volunteers, including the identification of the occurrence of harm.
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla.
- Procedure for maintaining a list of mandated persons.
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
W.S.T.C.Y.S. Annual Reports
- WSTCYS Annual Report 2015
- WSTCYS Annual Report 2016
- WSTCYS Annual Report 2017
- WSTCYS Annual Report 2018
- WSTCYS Annual Report 2019
Complaints & Feedback