LGBT+ Health Project
Manor Street Centre
Manor Street Youth & Community Centre Manor Street Waterford X91TY8N
The LGBT+ Health Project aims to support and improve the heallth outcomes of the LGBT+ Community in Waterford and South Tipperary.
The role of the LGBT+ Health Worker is:
- To improve the health outcomes of lgbt+ people in the community
- To coordinate and deliver the SECH LGBT+ Awareness Training Model in order to enhance knowledge and understanding of the needs of LGBT+ Service Users.
- To act as a key point of contact for training for health service providers around LGBT+ information.
- To work with the LGBT+ Project response
What we do:
- We provide a safe space for lgbt+ adults in the community to come and meet peers and support each other through developmental group work. There is a support group that takes place every Monday evening from 6pm to 8pm
- We offer training to HSE staff, service providers and any organisation looking to build their awareness around lgb+. The training aims to enhance the development of a welcoming and supportive environment to both employees and service users who identify as lgb+. There is no fee to take part in the training
- We offer one to one support