Waterford Drugs Outreach Project (City & County)
Manor Street Centre
Edmund Rice Youth & Community Multiplex Manor St Waterford X91 TY8N
We aim to help people who may have had or who are having difficulties linking with existing drug/alcohol treatment and support services.
We provide a service to young people over 10 years of age and adults, male and female.
We are community-based services working within a community development model, covering Waterford City and County.
- Assessment: This involves the outreach worker meeting with you and having a focused discussion based on a document called an initial assessment. This is a form that mainly looks at a person’s substance misuse history and future aims/goals regarding their drug/alcohol use.
- Referral: The Outreach Service aims to inform about relevant support services in the local area and refer you where this is desired/required.
- Advocacy: The outreach worker may be able to assist you in highlighting your needs with other services as part of supporting the person in moving forward
- Harm Reduction: The provision of needle exchange; supporting the local methadone clinics, and one to one sessions which can look at education and awareness around current drug use.
- Relapse prevention: If you are off substances but perhaps struggling with this, the outreach worker will attempt to assist you in developing a plan that will help you to stay clean and sober
Access To Services:
If you are interested in our service for yourself, or someone you are concerned about just call the number above.
Participation is voluntary and free.
Parental or guardian consent may be required for those under 18 years old. This is a free non-judgmental confidential service.