XLC Project (Citywide)
Manor Street Centre
Edmund Rice Youth & Community Multiplex, Manor Street, Waterford. X91 TY8N
The XLC Project offer mainstream Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate sillabi to young people who wish to sit these examinations but who have been excluded from or dropped out of school due to a range of personal circumstances. The Xlc Project aims to:
- Mediate the Leaving and Junior Certificate syllabi at a level where students are experiencing success.
- Instil confidence in the students by ensuring high levels of success in their preparations for the examinations.
- Process students for their examinations
- Build on the individual strengths of the students
- Identify the specific difficulties or learning problems of each student and respond to them effectively.
- Develop effective outreach programmes for students with special problems.
- Develop resources to enable students to study on their own or in peer groups.
- Monitor and regulate each student’s progress